CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Glandular Bovine Adrenal - Stopped using and crashing.

joegrane Views: 2,626
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,249,371

Re: Glandular Bovine Adrenal - Stopped using and crashing.

"I feel like crap when they are trying to eliminate something that is already normal/low in my system..."

I empathize with the challenge of sorting all of this out. I'm sorry but I don't have any magical wisdom to share, just an understanding heart.

" I have MORE insomnia, anxiety, tension headaches etc...."

In recent weeks I've been experimenting more than ever before with my dose of pregnenolone, my primary adrenal support supplement . The results been very interesting.

I reduced my dose from 10mg x 3 per day to 10mg x2. Then a week or so later I also started to just take 10 mg around 2pm one or two days per week that are usually not stressful--Thursday and either Sat or Sun.

I noticed that I had more motivation and drive in the evenings. This is important for me since I have a long history of mild-moderate inattentive ADD and catecholamine Depression (probably low (nor)adrenaline, etc).

Around the tax filing deadline my head was clearer in the evenings and I was able to be more organized. I was able to plan somewhat better.

Of course I suppose the deadline helped to increase the adrenaline but in previous years, the deadline had less effect. I struggled to get everything organized.

The effect has continued after the taxes were submitted--on time. I've been organizing my piles of mess from my years of being sickly and lacking in organization ability.

Unfortunately the effect has been a bit too much. I've been somewhat too intense and hyperactive, both at work and in the evenings.

I actually have had some difficulty getting to sleep quickly. This is very strange for me. For decades, I've fallen asleep very shortly after hitting the pillow. My struggle have been to stay alert and motivated during the day!

I wonder if the reduction in support on the adrenal cortex side--pregnenolone, cortisol, sex hormones--has caused my body to make more adrenal medulla chemicals--(nor)adrenaline--to compensate.

During the same time I've needed somewhat more DHEA to get the same positive effect I've been accustomed to and which was reported to be in the middle third of normal range on followup tests. This makes sense since DHEA is downstream from pregnenlone as seen here. (DHEA is not abbreviated)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Steroidogenesis.svg

Piuma, if you cut back on adrenal cortex support, maybe your body is trying to tell you it wants more support.

Unfortunately the opposite can can also be true! I recall the case of a woman who tested low in cortisol who started on irresponsibly generous doses of hydrocortisone instead of gradually ramping up. She reported your symptoms and worse--heart problems, etc. She was an emotional wreck.

I recall a followup post by A. Cutler who explained that it can take a little while for the body to adjust to the additional adrenal cortex support before it cuts back on the extra (nor)adrenaline.

I'm sorry if you are more confused than before you read this. Unfortunately hormone balancing can be tricky. Even an experienced doctor is not a medical god.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.117 sec, (2)