CureZone   Log On   Join
When to resort to progesterone cream?

muddymae Views: 4,713
Published: 10 y

When to resort to progesterone cream?

Hi everyone. I had my Mirena removed 33 days ago (after 1.5 years with it) and although some improvements have occured, most days are an unpredictable rollercoaster of symptoms: bloating, moodiness, anxiety, weight gain, weight loss, insomnia, fatigue, etc. I bled for a few days following removal, but haven't had a period since then. I immediately started taking Vitex, B vitamins, vitamin D, fish oil, and magnesium every day, which does give me a boost, but overall I just don't feel well.

I have an appointment with my doctor to check my hormone levels and thyroid in a few days. My question is: Is it a good idea to request a Rx for progesterone cream this soon (5 wks) after removal, and do you think I would benefit from this treatment even if my doctor thinks my progesterone levels are 'normal'? I've read that others have improved on their own in a few months, but I would do just about anything to shorten the duration of these symptoms. I'm not sure of my doctor's opinion on bioidentical hormone treatment, so I was hoping to hear from this community what you would recommend at this stage post removal. Thanks so much!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)