CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Just found out it was all in my head.

Views: 4,025
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,206,763

Re: Just found out it was all in my head.

I cannot smell myself, and doctors have told me they can't smell me, but I know I do because many ppl in many different environments have told me directly, complained indirectly, even sent me emails saying so. This is the "scientific" explanation; Why you can't smell your own breath
It is very difficult for people to smell their own breath because a person becomes acclimated to their own breath, or in other words they get used to it so they don't notice it anymore.
Have you ever been to a persons house that smells bad because they have a lot of cats or animals? If you tell the owner their house stinks they might be surprised or say they don't even notice it. The fact that we become acclimated to smells is evident.
Our brains are designed wisely and have us become acclimated to smells so we can notice new smells easier. If we never became acclimated to smells it would be hard to smell new things such as food or flowers because our sense of smell may be overwhelmed by the smell of our breath or surroundings.
It is often easy to smell other peoples bad breath, because we aren't acclimated to theirs.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (1)