CureZone   Log On   Join
Just found out it was all in my head.

Ceasly Views: 4,759
Published: 10 y

Just found out it was all in my head.

For over 2 years I've lived with what i thought was FBO but was actually Olfactory reference syndrome. "Olfactory reference syndrome is a mental disorder in which there is a persistent, false belief about and preoccupation with emitting abnormal Body Odor (s) which are foul and offensive to other individuals." ( from wiki )

wikipedia /wiki/Olfactory_reference_syndrome ( didn't let me post the complete link cause i just made my account)

I just found out today that i don't smell bad and i truly believe a lot of the people suffering from FBO actually have this problem. My mom actually found this wiki page after i told her that i hated my life because i smelled bad. She and my father assured me that i didn't smell but i thought they were lying argued for over an hour with them telling them that it was mean to lie to me about this and it's doing no good. then i was convinced that they couldnt smell it because they were family.

I know many of you wont believe that the problem that has ruined our lives for so long is all in your heads but PLEASE consider this.

I had the same symptoms as all of you, i couldn't smell anything but (i thought) others could. I hated going out in public, was in fear of losing my job and lost all hope of ever having a romantic relationship. It got to the point where i hated going to my college classes everyday and i didn't even try to meet new people. Please look over that wiki page and see if it applies to you. even at first i was in denial of not smelling bad but after asking 20+ people i'm now sure it was all in my head.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)