CureZone   Log On   Join
I feel like the Universe is playing a cruel joke on me

Views: 13,365
Published: 10 y

I feel like the Universe is playing a cruel joke on me

I'll keep this as short as possible.

For the past 7 years, I have been doing law of attraction work (and admit to falling off the wagon a few times). I've also been praying and meditating. What I want is to manifest a move to my favorite city.

I've done a dream board. Yet, despite my best efforts, I apparently don't do meditation well. I've received false messages so I started working with golden light. The trouble is, since I've been burned in the past, I can't trust what I'm getting when I meditate.

Some of you might say, "If you want to move, then move". If only it were so simple! The house needs updating before it can go on the market, and that costs money. While, my husband works at home, he is nearing retirement age, so that must be factored in for future planning.

There is nothing left for me here in my town. In the last 10 years, it has deteriorated, making for bad quality of life. I've worked to change things for the better, talking and emailing local elected officials and working with like-minded people. The problem is, no matter who is in office, nothing gets done. Many of the people I've worked with moved away and the ones left feel demoralized and have given up.

So...Every year, we've spent a week in my favorite city. It gives us a chance to see shows, visit museums, try new restaurants and explore different neighborhoods. It helps energize me and make me feel alive. However, last year, we visited under sad circumstances---first to visit my terminally ill brother, then for his funeral. Most of my family lives near this city so when we visit, we tend to devote part of a day visiting them.

This year, I looked forward to visiting this city. My husband recently had back surgery which means that he is able to once again walk long distances.

Then, our daughter accepted a job transfer to this city. We tried to explain that it is an expensive area and that her rent will be higher. Yet, she wanted to go for more opportunities to advance.

Now, this will really impact our vacation. I know her well enough that she will be trying to horn in on our vacation. My husband thinks we should visit and not tell her but I don't like lying. Plus one of our grandsons has learning issues and I have bonded with him. He now cries when we leave to go home. That breaks my heart. Knowing that we would be nearby and not visiting him, I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself.

So...that's why I feel that the Universe is playing a cruel trick on me. Since I've yet to manifest a move, at least I was able to enjoy a week in this city every year which boosted my morale.

I recently had readings where I was told that I was a good manifester and am able to amplify my requests. Yes, I can do this to some degree, but the one thing I want most to manifest, I can't seem to do.

I'm struggling to stay positive but I feel like the Universe is taking away from me my favorite city.

Any advice? Thank you for reading and I look forward to reading responses.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.113 sec, (2)