CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hypoglycemic Insomnia and Too Much Nighttime Cortisol

NeedSleep Views: 12,969
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,127,869

Re: Hypoglycemic Insomnia and Too Much Nighttime Cortisol

Thank you all so much for your responses. Yes, I know I do need to bite the bullet and get the tests done, especially hormones, cortisol and thyroid. I haven't been tested for anything since 2012. I'll get the tests and keep you guys posted.

One of my problems is not knowing what to take besides seriphos/holy basil/ashwaganda. I don't have adrenal fatigue at the moment, I have pre-adrenal fatigue, where my adrenals are on overdrive and need to be calmed down, not revved up. Rhodiola in any amount turns me into the Incredible Hulk- rageful, aggressive, unable to sleep for days. The same happens with panax ginseng and maca. I use eleuthero in small amounts but only in the morning. I'm afraid of anything that might give me energy. Recently I stopped taking acetyl carnitine and creatine because I think they make me produce too much ATP, causing energy and insomnia, even though I take them first thing in the morning. CoQ10 (50mg) and lipoic acid (30mg) make me feel like I've taken cocaine. (I've never actually taken it, but I've read descriptions of the symptoms!) I don't have any tendency to mania or bipolar disorder or anything like that, but I definitely have PTSD/generalized anxiety disorder, and anything that gives energy puts me into hyperdrive--and not in a happy, confident way, either.

Thank you all for your support. I'll keep you posted after I get my test results back, in case it helps any of you who have similar issues.

FYI- I've gone back to taking Seriphos (actually, Neesby Enerphos now) one at 6, 7, 8 and 9am now, and sometimes 1 at 1pm, but none later than that. I'm one of those people who gets energized by it and has to take it in the morning. My insomnia is already starting to get a little better compared to when I took it at night. Just wanted to let people know that the rumor is true: some people get energized by it and have to take it in the morning if that's when their cortisol is highest (mine was last time I tested it) and strangely enough, the effect lasts for much of the day and helps with sleep 12-15 hours later.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)