CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Long-term use of ashwagandha - OK?

healthyartist Views: 51,550
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,114,416

Re: Long-term use of ashwagandha - OK?

Hi Sherpa,

I've been using ashwaganda for 3 years with no breaks. I haven't noticed tolerance so far. I started with one dropper full of tincture (at one point I figured it out to be around 470mg) and then I switched to capsules (Solaray 1.5% withanolides, 470mg/capsule) and increased until I no longer felt a benefit in adding. That put me at 6 capsules/day.

The only side effect that I attribute to the ashwaganda at this level was acne. Otherwise, I felt stable, way less sensitive to stress, less fatigue, good sex drive, etc.

I lowered my dose from 6 to 5 capsules and noticed my breasts got larger, my Acne reduced, my sex drive reduced, and I've experienced the return of one old symptom (mild urethra burning upon urination at night during the second half of my cycle.). Otherwise, I've noticed no other symptoms.

I think it's useful to consider cycling on and off, but I'm concerned as its primary noticeable effect for me is in the area of sex hormones. Whenever I've skipped days or added or reduced supplements that have a hormonal effect for me for a short period (like adrenal glandulars), my cycle gets extended and my premenstrual symptoms increase. I'd hate to be doing that every few days!

So, I wonder if it would be sufficient to only pause for one day per week and how the fluctuation of androgens and whatever else would effect my hormonal balance.

Which herbalists opinions have you researched? What is their suggested cycle?

Beth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)