CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Genetic causes of anxiety and/or depression?

Views: 3,745
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,098,490

Re: Genetic causes of anxiety and/or depression?

I haven't read this entire thread, but I get the gist that this young man is experiencing terrific Depression and anxiety, and I "get this."

The human organism is a whole being - physical, emotional, etc. I completely agree with the response, above, to not only consider meditation, but begin using various coping mechanisms for the anxiety like:
* getting (or, staying) in "The Now"
* tell yourself exactly what you are feeling and where you think it morphed into anxiety
* EFT tapping - this really does work when it's practiced properly
* physical movement - whether you "feel" like it, or not, GET UP and do something like washing dishes, singing aloud, dancing, 5-minute walk......something
* begin journaling using a writing utensil and actual paper - NO technological devices - using pen/pencil and paper actually creates a physical connection with the feelings that cannot be undervalued
* remind yourself that you are in control of this and that you did nothing to "deserve" it

The Depression combined with anxiety during this phase in the lives of young adults can be devastating. Since there appears to be a genetic predisposition for depression, you are already aware that you may have challenges, ahead.

I thoroughly agree with the response above about the residual trauma. You may have experienced "therapy" at your parents' behest, but you probably weren't old enough to "process" the trauma. Talk therapy is one thing, and managing trauma is another thing, entirely. Something to consider.

There is no one protocol, supplement, technique, or suggestion that works for everyone with the same success. Recovery and management is an ongoing journey and it's vital that you understand that it's a whole-self thing, here. Management of Depression and anxiety takes time, patience, and a willingness to make whole-self changes.

I LOVE the "mindful techniques" mentioned above!!! It does, does, and DOES make a huge difference. I agree that we are a society and culture of instant gratification and that we typically neglect the emotional (and, spiritual - not religious) Self.

Most sincere and brightest blessings to you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.082 sec, (2)