CureZone   Log On   Join
Half way through a 28 day water fast. (end of day 14)

MahoganyGoddess Views: 24,776
Published: 11 y

Half way through a 28 day water fast. (end of day 14)

I'm on day 14 of my water fast, half way through my 28 day fast. My initial plan was 21 days but I decided to extend it to 28 after reading some benefits may not come around until after the 21st day.
I have 2 concerns -
I probably shouldn't be complaining but I have VERY minimal detox symptoms. I don't feel like a person going through an intense detox. The most I've experienced is a little light headedness which isn't frequent at all considering my really busy schedule - I work full time and I'm a full time graduate student. I'm concerned, is it possible there is something I'm doing wrong? The only thing I can think of is that I average 1 - 1.5 liters of water a day, which is a bit less than recommended but I am not dehydrated.

Secondly, I've been obsessing over how I will break my fast. My BMR prior to fasting was 1600, I expect it to drop to about 1400 with my weight loss. However I cannot find any resources whatsoever to provide me with an estimate of how much to subtract to account for the metabolic rate decrease from the fast. My current plan is to eat small portions of alkaline fruits for the first 3 days - watermelon, cantaloupe, papaya, grapefruit. Then incorporate steamed vegetables for 4 days. 1 meal of steamed vegetables post-fast day 4 & 5, and 2 steamed vegetable meals post-fast day 6 & 7. My problem is - then what?! what do I do for the remaining 6 weeks while my metabolism restores? Is it possible beginning at 800 calories a day and increasing it by 100 calories a week for 6 weeks might work? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)