CureZone   Log On   Join
Please help!! I need some relationship advice!

Sun.is.shining Views: 3,749
Published: 12 years ago

Please help!! I need some relationship advice!

I have been with James for 5 years. We are both 26. He is funny, sweet and makes me smile. We met in while I was attending Uni abroad in the UK.
In the last 5 months we have just gotten engaged.

Our relationship has been a majority of high's. However, since we became engaged, I feel like I'm noticing more things that I am uncomfortable with.
James comes from a wonderful family, but they are very old fashioned. His mum is a very hard worker, in her business life as well as at home. Every night cooking, cleaning up, washing and generally making sure James and her husband are happy. She takes the initiative to do pretty much everything and anything for him.

This has effected us, as now it's almost an unsaid expectation of me. He never says anything, but just expects me to do it. Very rarely will he throw a load of my clothes in the wash, and I don't rEmeber the last time he picked a mop without me asking.

His money situation is also another sore subject. He makes quite a bit more than I do, but always seems to be owing me money. Will "forget" to pay rent or give me money for our joint loan. And when I do ask for the money he makes out like I'm nagging him and he simply jut forgot.

I also find, when birthdays/Christmas roll around our present expectations are totally different. The last two years I have bought him a laptop, BMX bike and a designer watch for Xmas. Yet for me it's usually a book or a bottle of perfume (at times they aren't even wrapped) but his Xmas/bday cards are so beautifully written ur usually makes up for this.

I come from a very wealthy family, but have worked very hard to stand on my own two feet. I work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Out of this, I cook 5 times a week. I have asked James to maybe just one day after work grab some stuff for dinner or at least start cooking (as he finishes 2 hours before me)

All of the problems I have mentioned, have been raise with James numerous times. He always says he will try help out and contribute more but it never lasts longer than a few days.

I love him more than anything or anyone, but sometimes I ask myself is love enough? I couldn't imagine my life with him but I am scared if I do marry him then I will be stuck, going nowhere and doing it all myself. Please offer me your honest advice on what you think I should do.... I feel so lost and am too scared to talk to my friends about this!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.056 sec, (2)