CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Terbinafine vs. Fluconazole

warduck Views: 18,564
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,914,534

Re: Terbinafine vs. Fluconazole

Thanks for your input guys.

I switched to fluconazole and after two days, have already begun to feel a lot better. Skin infections have hardened and seem on target to flake off, leaving clear skin. None of the natural antifungals I tried got these results (coconut oil, NOW's Candida Clear supp, grapefruit seed extract). I still take probiotics.

How do you even define mild candida? Its symptoms are so obnoxious and awful that I've always felt my case to be one of the worst. It was definitely at a systemic phase at least, and rx-antifungals are probably the only thing that can clear it. The constant itching makes me crazy, and I haven't slept in a month. Melatonin does absolutely nothing for candida-induced insomnia, and I increased my dose from 3 to 10 mg.

Thanks gibby, I realize they are both fungistatic now. But I think fluconazole is the only one of the two that can cross the blood brain barrier.

I have no regrets switching to fluconazole, even if it may lead to terbinafine-resistance. I only wish I had access to it sooner!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)