CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Wondering if this is related

MaryG Views: 3,935
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,896,795

Re: Wondering if this is related

>Importantly with thyroid are the autoimmune antibody lab tests, three of which I have written in my notes that I need to get.

I've had a couple of them and they turned out negative. I'm not personally convinced that I don't have that as a problem. There was evidence that my doctor thought was suggestive of autoimmune too but no lab tests to prove it. More importantly, perhaps, is that there probably wouldn't have been much that could have been done about it anyway, other than prednisone, which I wouldn't be willing to take, short of an emergency. Anyway, I'd suggest not hanging too many hopes on antibody tests. And a blind guess: that there are many more autoimmune diseases than have been discovered at this point.

>...Discerning imbalances is pretty difficult, and some of that often delves off into the realm of mercury detox.[...]You have to give credit to the parents of autism kids [...] they really understand a lot of Science that explains what causes these diseases.

If you think about it for awhile, everything in the body is related to everything else, and really nothing is simple and uncomplicated. Which is why, the more I think about it, the less inclined I am to expect even the best of doctors to understand everything that might be going on here. And if I can't expect the best of doctors to have everything figured out, then for sure I can't expect to do what they can't, albeit that I'm willing to put more time in on my individual case.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'd guess you are probably overdoing the bit about diagnosing yourself. And that probably applies to me too, or I'd not be hanging around this forum. It's hard not to be trying to figure out one's own health issues when health is so poor. But I know (well) a cell biologist, and the thing that impresses me with talking to her and reading some of her scientific papers is how much isn't known within the realm of cell biology. Lots of basic stuff isn't known pertinent to all sorts of things all over the body.

To diagnose yourself by trying to pick up relevant bits of basic cell biology knowledge here and there and then put them cogently together so that they're pertinent to your own health issues... to do that from reading would require an awfully lot of trust and faith in your having exceptionally good luck in what you pick and put together. It would probably be easier to find a needle in a haystack.

The one thing I do know about autism is that not much is known for certain.

I'm a highly theoretical person too. I tend to generate theories on any and everything if I can. However, I'd urge you to first spend your time the next day or two doing whatever you need to do to figure out the name of a doctor you are going to make an appointment with and go ahead and make that appointment for a full checkup/discussion of your issues. Try, in seeking recommendations, to find someone who's a good listener. I've had both kinds, and really only pay attention to advice from a doctor who actually listens to what I feel I need to say. Unless you feel a miracle cure coming on right now, I'd suggest that you make that appointment as soon as possible. Then make your list for a cogent discussion. Go back to theorizing after you do that.

>I fear that many with adrenal fatigue do not actually have adrenal fatigue, and that it is actually a more severe form of HPA-axis dysfunction. This could mean that they are experiencing problems with the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus. [...] Regarding diseases that affect those glands [...]
often things such as Addison's, Cushing's, Bi-polar, Manic Depression

I once convinced myself that I had Cushing's. Nope. Normal pituitary too, at least on one test a year ago. I am so very tired so much of the time, though, that I sometimes do wonder about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. (But I have so many diagnoses already that I don't know what I'd do with another one.)

It's easy to imagine how the first-year medical student phenomenon of self-diagnoses came into being: the more you come into contact with disease information and descriptions, the easier it is to imagine that you've just luckily tripped up over a disease description that explains all/many of your own personal health issues. But most medical students don't discover that their self-diagnoses are correct. It does seem to me that a better use of your time would be to learn as much as you can about the diseases you already know you do have (because they've been professionally diagnosed), and then treat yourself for the known issues. Worry about the potential undiagnosed issues as a secondary concern.

>to detox over a long time with healthy Diet and exercise. This is quite challenging. [...] In time, with a drastic overhaul of herbs and detox, I believe glands can heal, and hormones balance, but this is just as difficult as saying you can cure cancer.

I've just started on a book by Caldwell B. Esselstyn: "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease." Have you by any chance read that one? It presents the diet Bill Clinton is doing well on now. I don't know whether it might cure anything beyond heart disease or not, but looking at Bill Clinton's natural weight reduction on that diet leads me to believe it might have some benefit for diabetics too... if only the meals are tiny enough and frequent enough.

Not so long ago if anyone had claimed a "cure" for heart disease - the kind where plaques build up over time - I'd have thought they were talking far too much pie in the sky. But just starting reading this book convinces me that Dr. Esselstyn has discovered something IMPORTANT. The trick is going to be in sticking to such a rigid and restrictive diet. I am going to try to ease into it. If it can cure heart disease, what other "impossible" things might it cure or at least make better?

Best wishes,
Mary

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (3)