CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Struggling with Leaky Gut

powertool4 Views: 9,384
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,725,344

Re: Struggling with Leaky Gut

Good post but have to disagree on a few things. What I have come to learn based on my own experience and COUNTLESS testing, research and experimentation on my own body, the adrenals act as a battery backup for the body. It IS the back up reserve battery actually, it is the fight-or-flight and that takes over when the body's normal functions are lacking. It's not that the adrenals are "weak" so to speak, that's the problem. That's only partly true and yes, higher on the "cause" pyramid but still not at the top.

The leaky gut, for reasons still unknown exactly to me, are the cause of weak adrenals. It is a vicious cycle and might have to do with inflammation but it's not entirely inflammation because otherwise antiinflammatory drugs would fix/mask the symptoms entirely. When my leaky gut gets worse (if i take things that burn my gut, like spicy food, undecylenic acid, caprylic acid, alcohol, etc.) my stomach feels very fluttery like i got punched in the gut/on a rollercoaster drop and my adrenals kick in full force.
My adrenals have the capacity to perform at good levels as shown by cortisol testing and all other testing but for some unknown reason, they are tied to the gut directly. It is said that the gut has its own neurological system and taking into consideration that the body is one and the neuroendocrine system has some fascinating reactions.

The constipation can be due to lack of flora but there are other causes for it. In my case it is not necessarily lack of flora but leaky gut. The inflammation or weaken lining has some mechanism that stops peristalsis in me entirely, when i eat something i am allergic/reactive to. Very weird. It goes away and i have normal relieving BMs once at 12pm on the dot everyday should it not be irritated/reactive. Probiotics, kefir, all constipate me. They stop peristalsis immediately and testing has shown lack of flora isnt the problem for me.

The theory I am testing, comes from a paper written that explained that some people tend to have problems with probiotics and flora when their SIgA is low. The body's immune system does not recognize ... or fails to accept probiotics and colonize normally. given the fact that probiotics were tolerated no problem for me until my fecal IgA started to drop significantly and that SIgA deficiency = leaky gut = adrenal symptoms, all of it is tied in as one system.

Id like to think that a healthy gut is a healthy adrenal system.

I would still give good quality probiotics a shot and take probiotics that raise your IgA, as well as try colostrum (lactose/casein filtered out) and/or immunoglobulins, glutamine and saccharomyces boulardii if tolerated. All raise IgA and gut health. Do this with antifungal that you are on.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.095 sec, (2)