CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic pain! Desperate for some relief. I'm not sure what's happening or how to fix it. Please help! Sorry long post!

Sagitta Views: 6,513
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,611,372

Re: Chronic pain! Desperate for some relief. I'm not sure what's happening or how to fix it. Please help! Sorry long post!

Hi Jadyn,
The reason I am telling you all of this is because I know of the inept kind of management that the medical and naturapathic community tends to offer interstitial cystitis (IC) patients. I have been where you are at.
Try and see if you can get a diagnosis or can rule out interstitial cystitis. If your bladder is constantly inflamed in the absence of infection you most likely have progressed to IC. You need to be aware that what works for the common variety of cystitis does not work for IC. One class of Antibiotics , which work like streptomycin, by dehydrating the cell membrane of the bacteria, will do the same with your bladder's GAG layer and make the problem worse if you have IC. Because the disease is so poorly understood by the majority of doctors, you need to equip yourself with knowledge and work with your doctor. You can also eliminate your pain and suffering by knowing what to eliminate and what to use. I cannot stress enough, that what are excellent strategies for managing common cystitis may have devastating consequences when applied to IC. Some examples are cranberry juice, banana and avocado. The best information that I have come across in over twenty years of research is covered in a book that I read called “You Don’t Have to Live with Interstitial Cystitis" by Larrian Gillespie. There are a lot of treatments out there that can make your illness worse, even some of the most quoted herbalist, have, in my experience given some harmful advice. Yet that doctor seemed to be way ahead of her time. I find that herbs like vervain which calm the brain also seem to calm the bladder. Please equip yourself with knowledge and you can effectively manage this illness. Of that I am sure. I live an almost completely pain free life now, because of knowing what to do. On the rare occasion where I went overboard on things that I should not be using, I may experience a mild discomfort which quickly resolves. Wishing you success with this.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)