CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: More Vitamin D Studies of Interest.

chrisb1 Views: 5,800
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,589,897

Re: More Vitamin D Studies of Interest.

John,
I think you are missing the point.

Firstly I refer to my first reply..............
//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1589863#i

and where Dr Marshall is not taken that seriously by anyone who is fully conversant with the benefits of Vitamin D, either from sunlight or supplements.

The long-term effects of Vitamin D have been chronicled for centuries by exposing the body to sunlight.

I have been taking supplemental Vitamin D3 for nigh on three years with only distinct benefit: cholecalciferol is cholecalciferol, regardless if it is made in the skin or put in the mouth.

It is not Allopathic to think that merely taking a supplement will cure disease it is also Orthomolecular. I suggest you read-up on that approach to health-recovery

Inflammation is usually caused by toxins and their ability to irritate, but in the case of Vitamin D it is a naturally occurring bioavailable substance that is essential for life.

Nutrients are essential to life and cannot be subjected to safety analyses like environmental toxins or synthetic drugs. Virtually all research published in mainstream journals is focused on how essential nutrients heal organisms on the cellular level, and which nutrients act together to bring about organ repair, and how they cause systemic healing when given in very high doses. Science has known for at least a century that deficiencies cause standard diseases. In the presence of certain viruses and environmental toxins, such deficiencies are major contributing factor to AIDS and all cancers. Indeed, the South Africans recently renamed AIDS to NAIDS which stands for "Nutritionally Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome" because recent research showed that for the HIV virus to cause illness, a person must also be deficient in the immune-system-controlling mineral Selenium (Foster 2004).

Toxicity studies basically don't exist for essential nutrients (one of a few is vitamin A under certain circumstances). To establish the "lethal dose 50", half of a hundred lab rats or mice dies at a substance's concentration which is then designated as the toxic level. Well, you can't do that with Vitamin C or essential fatty acids, for example. They can't kill. The body metabolizes these substances and excretes excesses. The occasional individual allergy to a specific type of vitamin does not invalidate general biocompatibility.

By contrast, all synthetic drugs (without exception) are systemically toxic, meaning they are toxic to more than one body system as well as on a cellular level . Hence the constant need to weigh the benefits of their use with the known risks of their toxicity, specific doses of just so many mg, timing of ingestion, duration of treatment - and the prescription requirement. All this doesn't apply to apples, magnesium or probiotics. If you eat too many apples, you get the runs - same mess for too much vitamin C.
Furthermore, all drugs, from Aspirin to Zocor, also deplete essential nutrients, most of which accumulate in body tissues because they cannot be metabolized by our enzymes which freak out when encountering this phony chemistry and simply move on.
Used for a long time, drugs frequently shut down the body's natural detoxification center, the liver, and in extreme cases destroy it - necessitating a liver transplant.
Of course, essential nutrients are readily metabolized and distributed in accordance with the laws of nature, while simultaneously nourishing the liver.

As I have said before Marshall has only offered an opinion with no Science to support his claims.
Please read my previous post with the link above.

In an ideal World, sunlight would be more than sufficient to meet our needs for essential nutrition, but you are ignoring the fact that many Countries do not have adequate sun-exposure, and especially so in the Winter months, making supplementation the only other avenue open.

BTW. Vitamin D is not a "pseudo-drug" as explained above.

It is unfortunate, but I think you are very much mistaken in your opinion on VDR's and of Vitamin D in particular.

Chrisb1.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.133 sec, (2)