CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Newly Diagnosed...

Molly Bloom Views: 6,368
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,467,091

Re: Newly Diagnosed...

Absolutely, massage. But you need to be extremely careful with the massage therapist as an inexperienced one can make your situation worse.

I go to one that has extensive background, had complete knowledge of costo, and actually was a teacher for years. You need someone with as much credentials as possible.

For me, she nailed it the first session, and my pain was gone in 4 sessions.

Now, for the pain. Even though I'm pretty much over daily flairups, I'm trying something right now. It's an Amino Acid - DLPA. Here is some info on it:

http://www.nutrasanus.com/phenylalanine.html

I've taken it for 2 weeks now with zero reactions.

Stop taking the NSAID's even though I completely understand why you do. Those things will start messing up your stomach, like they did me.

Who knows how costo manifests? For some it's mechanical trauma. For others I believe it's something amiss in the body causing inflammation. I would attack it from both ways. I believe mine was mechanical caused by shoulder muscles and a pinched nerve in my hip. It was throwing my whole body out of alignment and the muscles in my neck and shoulders were literally pulling my rib cage up and out of place.

At some point I thought I had a hiatal hernia. So I found a thing on YouTube about self manipulation of a hernia. Do you have lots of heartburn or anything like that? I did two Liver Flushes and the pain went away immediately after 2 years. A Liver Flush is actually a major Colon Cleanse too, which I think was one of my issues as well.

Acupuncture unfortunately didn't do anything for me, but you could give it a try.

Good luck. It's a journey, but don't do what I did. For the first two years I had western doctors mess with me, prescribing stronger pain meds, and offering psychological drugs because they thought I was insane to be complaining of something that is only supposed to last for 3 months. My doc wanted to remove my gallbladder for no reason at all, probably just to shut me up. Costo does mimic gallbladder disease, and visa versa.

Costo is a catchall diagnosis for them when they don't have a clue. If you have some trauma to the area, then it's most likely mechanical. Otherwise use this time to be your own detective.

Above all, protect your liver. Any drugs will mess with the liver, and then you will have bigger problems than costo.

Good luck.

Molly

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)