CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: stopping ACCUTANE hair loss?

happymac Views: 40,278
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 146,502

Re: stopping ACCUTANE hair loss?

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your advice on avoiding vitamin A in my diet. After reading your message, I took a look at the Vitamin A amounts in my vitamins that I have been taking (to try and stop my hair loss). I am taking 7666 IU per day in my vitamins alone. I am going to stop taking them completely and see if that makes a difference to my hair loss.

You said that my liver will still be loaded with Vit A. Do you know how long a liver will remain loaded with Vit A after stopping accutane?

As for other side effects, I've only noticed one other: increased cold sores. I used to only get one cold sore per year since I was a teenager, since I came off of accutane, I get one every 2 - 3 months, which is incredibly annoying. I had no idea why I kept getting them so often, but I recently found out that accutane can make you get more cold sores.

I'm sorry to hear about all the hardships that accutane has caused you and I should consider myself lucky that I'm only losing my hair and getting cold sores. I will get my blood pressure checked soon too.

If anyone else has had any success at stopping hair loss due to accutane, please post a message. I still feel like I am too young to lose all my hair.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)