CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: i just gotta inject some reality here

MISSKITTY Views: 5,062
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 118,109

Re: i just gotta inject some reality here

Hey you know what? About 4 years ago I bought a duplex. It was a fluke and I am so glad I did. Then I bought another house using the equity from the duplex. (I rented that to my folks for 3 years at $500 a month and lost $500 a month) I now have 3 houses and a duplex and I rent them out. I don't make much profit but they are what is going to fuel my retirement. I had to do something because what I have in my 401K isn't going to come any where near helping me to retire. And I've worked at the same place for 28 years. I got lucky and all my purchases were great deals. Now I could sell them and have something to live on if I move to one of the rentals and fix it up. Otherwise I'll be working forever.

I know what you mean about most real estate people. Most agents are lazy hogs. It greatly pains me to have to give them any commission when they do nothing.

Anyway I just wanted to say that not all people using the Real Estate boom to fuel there retirements are bad. I actually have been known to lower rents for good tenants. I wish I could provide afordable housing for everyone.

:)

Kitty

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (1)