CureZone   Log On   Join
how to lower vaginal pH?

Views: 86,245
Published: 18 y

how to lower vaginal pH?

I get vaginal yeast infections every month after my period and almost everytime I have sex with my husband. I have done some research that suggest the vaginal pH should be around 4.5 and that both blood and semen have a pH of anywhere from 7.5 to 9.0. That would explain the timing of my infections. I have tried preventing the infections with herbal remedies, but with little result. I think balancing my vaginal pH, especially around those certain times will be the way to prevent future infections. I have heard about hydrogen perioxide douches and vinager douches, but I am unclear on what actually balances the vaginal pH. I am considering using a balancing douche after my period and after my husband and I have sex, each time to see if it makes a difference. Do you have any ideas on douches, or herbs to take, vitamins, foods, etc. or anything that will make the vagina in particular balance it's pH? My understanding is that a healthy vagina is highly acidic, so I guess I need things to lower my vaginal pH. I am already taking acidophilus by mouth and cranberry capsules. Thanks for any help!!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)