CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Sleep like a drug addict - naturally and safely!

Fonty Views: 3,849
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,022,641

Re: Sleep like a drug addict - naturally and safely!

Touche Jurplesman. I found exactly the same thing when doing Year 12 Pyschology. That was before I recognised my own Depression but I could see things in the movies they showed us of old experiments that none of the professionals had any idea was going on. Bad education can too easily destroy basic common sense and it is the exception, not the rule, to find a psych who really understands people in my experience.

I have found also that drugs and normal treatment will work for a lot of people- keep them working, being productive members of society. They'll hide symptoms or lessen them maybe, long enough for those with a shorter term or milder Depression to get through their 'tough patch'. People who end up on boards like this are often those who 'fall through the cracks' of the normal medical model and are not understood by it at all.

I've met so many people in fact that fit this description and have been given the label 'borderline personality disorder' for example, to lead me to believe that this diagnosis has been made up to cover the tracks of psychs who really just don't know but want to appear that they do. At the very least 'bpd' should come with the subtitle 'for the too-hard basket' as that's where a lot of these people end up.

Andrew.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)