Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,009,592

Re: Autism & Mold (Off Topic)

Hello.

Re:
"
Isn't mold a fungus?
"

By definition, it is or it's understood to be. It's an interesting question, I think, from which I have some questions of my own that I keep considering continuously.

"
Can it be treated the same way as fungi?
"

Please explain?

"
If something is anti-fungal, would it be anti-mold as well?
"

In my opinion [and please note that this opinion is based mostly on practice -from having dealt with these organisms so many times already], by mere definition an 'antifungal' agent should generally act against molds, at least to some degree. In fact, pharmaceutical companies seem to use the term 'antifungal agent' as one used to describe a drug that shows activity against several species of fungi, including molds [Mold appear to be 'tougher' than the rest of them anyway -according to my observations-, so I think they should be harder to kill in most circumstances].

"
Just wondering; because I'm speculating on my own probable diagnosis.
"

I believe that as long as you don't materialize your speculations, you should be safe. In other words -in my opinion-, as long as you don't try to do anything based on that personal probable diagnosis, you should be 'fine'. Please read on:

Especially where it comes to molds, if I were in the position of someone needing treatment against them, I would think twice about attempting to form a firm diagnosis by myself. Furthermore, I think there's no way I'd ever try to treat myself [on my own] with 'pharmaceutical' antifungal agents either -regardless of my background-, unless I had no other option left.

Briefly, here's why:

First of all and in my opinion, Molds are very "weird" organisms; I think that's an accurate description of the way I view them. They're not plants. They're not animals either. They display some very peculiar characteristics. They're simply "something" else. Usually it becomes evident very quickly how dangerous they are just from looking at them. Whenever I look at them 'under the scope', the words "Numbers" and "Awe" ALWAYS come to my mind.

Often, a medical approach or treatment against Molds that's not planned 'tightly' and held together with a 'strong grip' is a formula for disaster. There are many unfortunate experiences in this regard.

[Please understand that these thoughts aren't meant to scare you, but instead to make you aware of what you could be up against]

Usually, Molds grow very slowly in an organism afflicted by them [but they ALWAYS 'attach' themselves probably tighter than any organism I've seen - They just won't let go] However, under 'given' conditions, they grow aggressively, incredibly fast and kill the host in a matter of hours in most cases. Sometimes treatment itself seems to trigger this explosive behavior for reasons apparently not well understood.

Then also comes the issue of the potential toxicity present with many antifungal agents, and at least in the case of one, Itraconazole, a chance to die of ['drug-induced'?] Heart Failure; a chance high enough, apparently, to have warranted a strong warning of this possibility in each commercial label for the drug in large print, probably as constant reminders of it for both patients and physicians.

Most importantly, I think, is the possibility of overlooking "anything" else that may be afflicting you [perhaps along with the mold itself], and how this "anything" could react to the stimuli of mold under attack inside the body. For example, as the mold under attack shrinks, this "anything" could 'spread' in its place, make itself stronger if not challenged, and eventually cause a secondary [and usually acute] emergency with a poor prognosis [meaning likely to result in Death] if not managed quickly.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)