CureZone   Log On   Join
here's what happened

maverick494 Views: 4,836
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 952,721

here's what happened

Hi all,

sorry for not checking in for a while....

Anyway, my gut instinct was right: they asked me out and after some sputtering from my part, I went.

First they wanted to go to Burger King of all things! So I said I wasn't really fond of them and that we should do something more special for the occasion. In the end, after a lot of suggestions and arguments, I kind of gave up and we went to this Italian restaurant.

After looking over the menu (lots of pasta's, pizza's and unhealthy stuff,) I settled for Carpaccio and asked to have the dressing served separately (i know how much of that stuff they put over it.) First, when the plate came , I was like "oh no, just meat!" but along with it came several cups with lots of veggies. My colleagues ofcourse chose pizza's and pasta's. I skipped the bread they served as an appetizer and had some fruit instead.

I didn't eat all of the carpaccio, and kept chewing on most of the veggies. I had water with ice, while they had wine. They kept nagging, but I held on.

So far so good. After the main course, they had eaten so much I thought no-one would order dessert (which would be highly convenient) but they proved their stomachs to be bottomless pits and ordered several icecream sorbets, chocolate mousses and other heavenly poison. And looked at me. I settled for a mango sorbet. I picked most of the fruit and ignored the icecream for the most part.

Later that night, they offered me to go and have another drink at a pub, but I declined and said I was tired.

All in all, it wasn't the best way to break the fast, but I could've done much worse I think. I ordered the healthiest stuff, ate slowly and didn't turn into this allconsuming monster. (I was afraid that would happen.) It wasn't the best of nights out. I could steer conversations away for the most part, but in the end they all came back to the question why I was eating so little. I steered away by asking if that was the most interesting subject they could come up with all night.

"We're worried about you" was ofcourse the answer. So......I caved. I told them I had been fasting for health purposes. I half expected them to start yelling at me but instead you could hear a needle fall. That was worse. John-(lazy guy) "For health purposes?! That could kill you!" he finally exclaimed. The others nodded in agreement. So I started telling them about all the benefits of fasting. At first I had the feeling I was gaining some ground, until Robert (big guy) said: "I don't believe it." In the end, others started getting themselves involved and the entire thing seemed to get out of hand so I finally said: "I don't care what you guys think of it. But I have done this for about 20 days and if you force me to eat normal now you WILL have a reason to worry, because that will harm me." What a way to end the day huh.....

- The day after I sipped OJ during the day, ate some carrot sticks when I felt the desire to chew something and in the evening I had some herbal tea (Senna tea or something..it's supposed to be for detox.) Tommorrow I'll try to ease into something more solid.

So guys, what do you think? Did I do good or bad (or both?)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)