CureZone   Log On   Join
Un Regarding Spirituality and meat eating

Ayehasherayeh Views: 6,278
Published: 17 y

Un Regarding Spirituality and meat eating

I have researched and debated this endlessly until I realized the repercussions and consequences of actually debating something endlessly. I prefer now to let people exercise their own free will even if it leads to, well like the arguement and endless place.

It is funny, no I must choose my words better, it is quite sad to see the same old worn out arguements given for excuse to eat flesh. Why bother to debate the same old arguments over and over that you have heard from others, can not you come up with matter from your own mind, life and experience, what is to be gained by debating the same old material with the same old points as if no one has ever done it?

I shall try to refrain from using the classic debate points on this issue though I shall address the fish and Peter vision fallacy and touch on a few others.

I preface to say that you may eat whatever you want. I actually do not care that is between you and God. Just know that free will and the power to exercise it does not mean that it is God's will or fit into his plan or that HE will provide accomodation or some type of reward. I know I will not come back in this endless cycle of birth and rebirth as a result of breaking any of God's laws.

In regards to meat as affecting the mental and psychic state it is detrimental clearly to attempts at attaining higher consciousness. For that matter it is even destructive of normal, balanced mental states for. Our minds are fields of energy which absorb the subtle energies of whatever we eat and are affected by this. To eat meat is to absorb the mental state of the animal. For those who do not understand this or rationalize, consider

there is also an extremely important religious basis for consideration of abstaining from meat. The consumpption of meat directly opposes the commandment that says “Thou shalt not kill.” God did not qualify His prohibition by adding the words: “human beings.” Killing is prohibited strictly across the board. The Hebrew word translated “kill” is tirtzach, which according to The Complete Hebrew/English Dictionary means: “any kind of killing whatsoever.” Whatsoever Hmmm!

God Almighty spoke on the severity of slaughtering cattle: “He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man.” No need here for “interpretation.” It is quite clear. To kill a cow is just as homicide in God’s eyes. Why? Because that cow is as real and viable a person as you and I, with just as much right to earth life for evolution as anyone else. And if you do not think that God values cattle with humans, consider His words to Jonah “Should I not spare Ninevah, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?”

Even more to the point, Saint Paul states: “For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for that man who eateth with offense. It is good neither to eat meat or drink wine….”

The bible clearly teaches vegetarianism, I will not overburden the post with the preponderance of verses one could throw out from chapter 1 on throughout. Everyone knows what was given in regards to herb bearing seed and fruit and such.

God clearly made emergency concessions to Noah for obvious reasons to eat meat if one does not understand the simplicity of this then I will expound and another point. There are several other temporary measures given it does not supercede the original commandment nor make it eternal.

The addictive nature of meat and its consequent negative effect is shown in Exodus, when the Hebrews, although delivered from slavery, actually said to Moses: “Would to God we had died by the hand of the Lord in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots” And that was not all. When God was giving them miraculous food in the form of manna, they rebelled against that heavenly diet, and “the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting. In other words when fed a perfect food from god (vegetarian at that) they suffered withrawal and addiction symptoms.

And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague. And he called the name of that place Kibroth Hattaavah because there they buried the people that lusted.” (The New King James version has “While the meat was still between their teeth, before it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was aroused against the people, and the Lord struck the people with a very great plague. So he called the name of the place Kibroth Hattaavah I look that up.... [Graves of Craving], because there they buried the people who had yielded to craving.”) These final words indicate that those who abstained from meat and ate the manna did not die. Those who ate flesh did die.

I will touch on New testament (and the Peter's vision sheet of meat fallacy) in another post.

Aye (One with the inside help of swamiji)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)