CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dont Fast To Loose Weight

Holographic Views: 2,256
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 861,073

Re: Dont Fast To Loose Weight

npujuicer, whilst i was coming from a scientific perspective this very information is used and practiced by bodybuilders and fitness trainers to maximise fat loss, so it does have very real world applications.

im glad you mentioned italy as i studied european food and food production whilst investigating the uptake/acceptance of genetically modified crops in europe, in particular there was strong resistance from italy and greece.

while many people may believe the italian diet consists solely of piazza and pasta this is not entirely true, although they do eat alot of carbohydrates it is not made up of lots of refined sugars such as white flour, rather italian piazzas and pastas tend to use more healthy whole grains which have nutrional value unlike the white flour found in piazzas here in england or the us.

the traditional italian diet would be described by bodybuilders as a pyramid diet, whereby they eat the most at lunchtime, contrast this to an english/american diet where dinner time is the heaviest meal. they also tend to eat frequently having breakfast, a snack, lunch, another snack then dinner (i.e. eating 5 times a day) which serves to raise their metabolism as digesting food requires lots of energy.

italians eat lots of fresh locally produced food having lots of vegetables and fruit with their meals, because they rely on locally produced food they also shop more often (every 2/3 days) and enjoy walking after meals. here in england most people rely on storing food in the freezer/fridge so tend to shop only 1/2 times a week and typically dont walk after meals, compared to the english the italians are much more active throughout the week. another comparision would be the consumption of meat which is far greater in england/america and low in italy, whereas fruit/vegtable consumption is low in england/america and high in italy.

so you will find that the italians dont really diet but rather eats lots of fresh healthy food and enjoy it very much, coupled with this they are also very active. however there is concern as obesity is starting to appear in the younger italian generation as they are not following the traditional italian lifestyle/diet as closely.

i do agree with you that you cant just generalise and make sweeping statements about how everyone should eat, your right everyone is different, but when you say you can eat whatever you want as long as you are truly hungry im sorry but i dont agree. if the food you are eating is junk and has no nutritional value its not going to do you any good, look at the film supersize me for example. yes weightloss is individualistic but doing such things as raising your metabolism and eliminating refined processed foods will help you a great deal in loosing and keeping the weight off long term.

fasting is excellent for the health benefits it can provide, and can serve as a platform to a new improved way of living and diet, some people can fast and then have the discipline to eat healthy but others will just pig out or go back to their normal foods and those people usually regain the weight plus a little extra.

from my research i feel the best approach to long term weightloss and as practiced by bodybuilders, exercise instructors and even oprah is to enjoy your food, eat small portions frequently throughout the day and do aerobic exercise at least 5 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes and 3 days doing weights to develop muscle mass. this does take some practice, discipline and knowledge of what foods to eat but once you get the hang of it you will look and feel great!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.113 sec, (2)