CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Newly developed lip problem

UpstateNYer Views: 17,734
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 794,502

Re: Newly developed lip problem

I think Cureforcurezone might have hit on something with the possibility of me having developed an allergy to beeswax. I've used Burts Bees products for years... I remember trying the lipstick some time back and it didn't go so well. I just decided I didn't like it, but it sort of made my lips peel. Use of the products has been sporadic, except in the past year where I've used the lip balm fairly consistently, once every night before bed, and the eye cream every night too. I do have some allergies, seasonal mostly, mild shellfish, even had to get allergy shots for a time in my twenties. My dad also became allergic to bees at my age, which seemed a red flag to me.

So I've stopped using it altogether and stuck with the regular Blistex from the tube which seems to help. I think it will take a little time, but my lips are improving a little every day. Meantime I'm laying off all Burts Bees products (have to return my unopened eye cream... glad I have a decent substitute to use!).

I knew about the Riboflavin deficiency thing (couldn't remember what vitamin/mineral), but couldn't IMAGINE how I could have a vitamin deficiency. What my diet doesn't do I cover in good supplements, and I drink a quart of self-mixed tea every day, mostly herbal, so I should be in good shape.

Thank you for your help! I love Curezone!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)