CureZone   Log On   Join
Newly developed lip problem

UpstateNYer Views: 17,947
Published: 18 y

Newly developed lip problem

Hi folks! I developed a lip problem in October that has gotten steadily worse. It started in the corners of my mouth with redness, a little cracked, peeling. Now both lips are chapped and peeling somewhat, and the redness in the corners has moved out a bit... makes me look like a clown.

I was originally using Burts Bees lip balm w/ peppermint oil (which I've used nightly for a couple years to keep my lips in shape. The peppermint oil started to irritate, so I switched to BB's marsh mallow cream, which is sort of like a salve, not specifically for lips, but it did seem to help. Marsh mallow is supposed to be good on sores. I ran out of that and couldn't find more, and things started to get worse, so I switched to regular Blistex from the tube, and that has killed the pain a little and made them supple, but they're still red, peeling a little, and I still have the clownish corners. I have never been a lip biter or picker (although I've picked a little lately to get the peels off). I usually wear lipstick, but at this point it would be silly, so I've stopped.

Any advice for a newbie? I usually eat a very healthy Diet of whole fruits and cooked vegetables with lean chicken and occasional fish, no refined Sugar (or honey or maple) because I had an addiction and got off it last January. I use Stevia, and I do drink a fair amount of milk, a quart to quart and a half a day (had been doing that way before the lips started to get bad). I drink organic darjeeling tea and some herbal tea (nettle, rooibos, cinnamon, licorice root, peppermint), all organic loose tea, pretty much daily. I take a multivitamin and a bunch of supplements, including St. John's Wort and Ginko. Actually I began the St. John's Wort around the time my lips started... the Ginko later.

Ah well. Any advice or ideas on how to beat this? Thanks for your help!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)