CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Nursing and Feeding issues

Sherri Views: 2,219
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 760,494

Re: Nursing and Feeding issues

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom.

Our baby was a really healthy weight gainer over the first 9 months. He averaged about 1 1/2 oz a day which was above the 'norm', so right now he is not 'underweight' for his height or age, but I had read somewhere that it's not about the actual weight but the amount of gain being at a healthy rate which is why I became concerned. especially since he has been all out refusing solids over the past few days.

He started walking almost 3 months ago as well, so I guess that does have a real impact on his calorie burn too. Before that he didn't really like to crawl or roll or anything not that he couldn't...just that he chose not to on a regular basis (unless he was on a nice soft bed)

I have been wondering about allergies as well. I had a sensitivity test done by our naturopath about 6 months ago, and I do have sensitivities that I didn't know about, that I cut down on because I found our baby had gas a lot. I have noticed since I have been giving him a sippy cup with cows milk in it during the day that his gassiness has increased, He has since stopped drinking very much cows milk. I had also started drinking it again myself because I had personally cut out cows milk completely after his birth and instead drank soy milk. I rarely drank milk pre pregnancy always opting for soy.

I have since cut it out of my diet again to see if there is any effect on him, but what is an alternative for a baby? I know it's not a huge issue now because he is being BF but what do I do later on when he does wean?

It is also nice to hear that less than 3 meals a day is not uncommon. It takes so long to get him to eat anything, that I can rarely get 3 meals into him during the day. He nurses before and sometimes after his mid day nap so I haven't really felt bad about missing lunch for him especially when he sleeps from noon til 3.

I will be making a drs appointment today to get him checked out as well. We haven't been doing the 'well baby' visits because we are not on the 'recommended immunization schedule' and otherwise there doesn't seem to be a point.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.160 sec, (2)