CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Nursing and Feeding issues

Views: 2,027
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 759,968

Re: Nursing and Feeding issues

I am not against co-sleeping in any manner. I didn't do it with my kids because I just couldn't sleep with them that close. I just happened to remember reading somewhere in one of my parenting books that children who co-sleep at night may tend to want that same level of attention during the day. So, always wanting to nurse may be a way for him to compensate for during the day time when he is not always by your side. Again, this is just something I vaguely remember reading and it is just a theory, so take it with a grain of salt. Co-sleeping works well for many families.
If you have any concerns it would always be wise to talk to a doctor and or a lactation nurse. I say this also because if he is not gaining weight and you bring him in at a much later date social workers and investigators might get involved. I have seen this happen to some friends who had kids not gaining weight. But, like you said you don't even know what is normal. Your son may be perfectly normal in weight. A doctor checkup would be good.
Also, a lack of interest in food could indicate an underlying medical condition, so it is best to get it checked out.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)