CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Cure, finally

reader99 Views: 7,441
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 675,233

Re: The Cure, finally

Hi! I'm not the original poster, but I too have an intolerance for grains. In addition to skin breakouts, wheat and corn give me an arthritis-like pain and stiffness, and sometimes cause dizziness. They seem to have an inflammatory effect on my body.

For about ten years I have had varying success in avoiding eating grains - they're everywhere!

As the starch portion of a meal I eat potatoes, sweet potatoes, many kinds of beans, acorn squash, butternut squash, peas, lima beans, hummus...

Because I also have reactive hypoglycemia my snacks are tiny meals, have to eat protein any time I eat or my blood Sugar goes nuts.

Someone said avoiding grains can lead to eating too much animal protein, but I haven't found it to be so. Instead I find I eat more vegetables of all kinds, both light and filling.

My doctor said he would be happy if nobody ever ate any wheat. More people have trouble from it than they realize, often because we eat it in some form every day, so any problems are constant and we don't see the connection like we would if we ever took a break from eating grains and then also saw a break in the symptoms.

Reader99

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)