CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: antibiotics

Dave S Views: 2,710
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 673,601

Re: antibiotics

Yeah, Antibiotics do work, for an infection, cold, tonsillitis, etc. Antibiotics work for these things because they are caused only from an immediate presence or overgrowth of bacteria. Antibiotics are used until the bacteria infection or growth is gone and then the use is terminated. Acne, however, cannot possibly be treated for LONG-TERM efficiency w/ the simple use of antibiotics. I'm sorry, but it just can't be done for the vast majority of Acne sufferers. Bacteria will eventually adapt and become resistant to a particular antibiotic. It doesn't confront the real issue causing Acne (b/c bacteria is not the primary cause of acne).
As for the flushes, they may not work for everyone. But I can tell you that I have done as much research as anyone on acne. And a good diet and flush regime is the only thing that has made total sense to me thus far. I have been done the road of doctor prescribed topical gels and antibiotics and they simply didn't work for me. Now, I'm not saying that doctors and dermatologists are bad and that one should avoid them at all cost. Quite frankly, they are far more helpful than many people on this forum give them credit for. But you must also understand that many of their opinions are quite biased, and if it is not a life or death matter (like acne), then it is not unreasonable to expect them to do what is the best interest of their bank account.
Well, I guess I have written enough so I'll just leave it at that. But as for the antibiotics issue, if you're arguing that antibiotics are beneficial, then I would whole heartily agree w/ you, but not in regards to treating acne.

Dave S

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)