CureZone   Log On   Join
On the flip side....

alikat Views: 2,153
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 631,900

On the flip side....

Rudy, you know and have known my stance on salvation for a long time. You know that we disagree. You also know that I truly love you and find your contributions to the whole Curezone website very important. I consider you my friend and I'm blessed for that. (((♥)))
I think what has gone on here with attacks going from debating ideas to low, cheap personal attacks is deplorable. I do not wish for some person somewhere to accuse me of being an angry, frustrated, bigoted or whatever monster, simply because I do not share their ideas.
As far as that website, I will say this, to go running into the arms of our Saviour simply to escape the wrath of hell as the article implies, seems to me to have a somewhat twisted priority. I would not want my children coming home to me simply because it's so brutally rough out there, but because they love me and want to be in my company.
The Scripture says that we love Him because while we were still in our sins, He loved us first. I love my God because He's wonderful, perfect, just, the Creator and intelligence behind all that is, was and is to be. I love Him because in His presence there is total peace and I can be lifted above the pressing circumstances of life. Furthermore, I love Him and go to Him, because He gave His life for me, so that I could have complete access to the Throne of Grace. And because of that fact, I have been given eternal life in the company of My Father, instead of the eternal separation for which I had been headed.
So yes, eternal life was a gift of His perfect love, and it was recognizing this love that drove me to Him, not the fear of hell itself.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.105 sec, (1)