CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Choking in your dream?

just_peachy Views: 5,936
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 602,061

Re: Choking in your dream?

We use phrases such as "choke on those words" when mentioning lies or falsehoods being uncovered, being "all choked up" when overwhelmed with a lot of emotions, "choking" in fear, etc. We "choke back" our words when we should speak out but can't or don't. Also, pipes and passage ways can be 'choked up' when clogged or obstructed and the phrase 'choked the life out of' is metaphorically used to mean some one who is slowly being worn down by hard circumstances or situations.

Do any of those associations ring any bells? Try thinking of many different areas of your life, from friendships to work to health to relationships to spiritual or emotional issues - just run through a typical week and see if there's any area that may be 'choking' you or that you may be 'choking'. Is there something 'obstructing' you?

For instance: I had quite a few choking dreams when I was working for a megacorp that was just NOT a good or healthy job for me. Not only were any suggestions not listened to, especially any "out of the box" ones, they were discouraged, making us lowly peons fear for our jobs if we spoke out. I was living a lie trying to work there as well as feeling 'gagged' AND slowly having the 'life' choked out of me. No wonder I had so many choking dreams during that time!

Your ex-boyfriend sat outside tapping. Is he possibly your ex because you felt he wasn't quite there enough for you, or because you or he didn't quite "let himself in" enough? Or maybe you wanted him to 'rescue' you but, of course, he couldn't? (We all ultimately are responsible for our own growth and release.) Just some random thoughts to maybe help turn some wheels .... I may be waaaaay off since I don't know the situation. But *you* do. =)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.107 sec, (1)