CureZone   Log On   Join
Does anybody have the same problems that I have with my extreme dry eyes.

Matt Doudna Views: 2,588
Published: 18 years ago

Does anybody have the same problems that I have with my extreme dry eyes.

Where do i start? Well im 26 yrs old, currently a student in Durango Colorado and I have an extreme case of dry eyes. I dont produce many tears and doctors have told me that most everyone makes 15 ml of tears in which I only make 1-4ml. On top of not producing any tears, my eyelashes curl down and protrude into my eye socket in which the lashes rub up against my eyeball. I realize that my eyelashes are necessary for keeping out sand, dust, and other objects but they are really doing me harm, so I pluck the ones that cause me pain. When I do have something in my eye, it will not come out for several days in which i can not do anything; go to school, study, be active in the community, watch TV, work, etc. I just sleep for several days until the particle comes out on its own. I got an idea from a doctor about 10 years ago to use a Q-tip to get the object out of my eye, and i have been doing that ever since. I wet a q-tip and swipe it along my lower lid which usually does the trick, but recently it is not helping. I am out of options. I have seen numerous doctors, tried numerous studies and have used several eye drops. Nothing is helping and im feeling depressed and suicidal. My eyes feel like sandpaper, they sting, itch, are red and irritating. Im uncomfortable most of the time and the only time i get any peace is when im asleep. PLEASE if there is any one out there who can help me, it would be appreciated!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)