CureZone   Log On   Join
My experiences with EFT...

fledgling Views: 6,442
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 590,806

My experiences with EFT...

I learned about EFT from a book. The exercises in this book seemed long, repetitive, and overly explained.

I read some in the EFT forum today, and found many people delve into the intricacies of wordings when doing the stimulation of the energy meridians. I don't think this involvement is necessary.

One poster, however, stated that LIGHTLY tapping or slapping the wrists, ankles, and (forehead to) the top of the head, was sufficient, as all the energy meridians pass through these points.

Hooray! Someone had the sense to say 'how' publicly.

Reflexologists often work on the feet, because that is where all the meridians begin and end. I often spend time gently probing every part of my hands, and working out any 'sore' spots I find, for the same reason...all the meridians begin and end there.

The ears are also linked to every part of the body. Gentle massage there will tell you spots connected to any disfunction in the body. I don't think it matters whether we know exactly which part of the body is being affected/helped by gentle massage, unless we are seriously ill. Then, of course, we'd feel soreness in the afflicted part, and not need the ears to tell us.

Quietening of the thoughts would be important, I believe. Listening to one's breathing for a few moments is quietening.

As for the statements we'd need to make while, or after, massaging, probably only a basic understanding would suffice. "I free any blockage of energy here." "I release this body to health and well-being." Statements like this, holding the thought of peacefulness, might be enough to affect us healthfully. (Read in that forum for other suggestions, and see what you think.)

Two points you might like to remember are:

...No stressing, overworking, anything. It is stress we are trying to free, and,

...It is our intention, the meaning we attach to our words and thoughts, that does the job...through the energy flowing through our hands.

The only other thing I can think of to consider when doing this type of exercise is 'reversal'. I suggest we read some in the Applied Kinesiology forum, to find some easy ways to 'balance' this.

Some might think this type of exercise is 'baloney'. I might have agreed, at one time. But, I have seen and felt it work. I've done it for myself. My results were nothing for the medical journals (yet), but feeling peaceful is a major accomplishment for me.

Besides, we are going to be thinking SOMETHING every waking moment, anyway. Why not feel better for a while?

One last thought:

...When we achieve a peaceful feeling, we can attach it to something we often see, so we may easily return to that feeling at any time.

We could close a hand to remind ourselves. Or, we could think of that pleasant state every time we pass through a doorway.

Was it Joe Silva who suggested that we draw a bullet-proof glass between ourselves and any undesirable image that strays into our vision when we are relaxing? He told us that we own all the images in our mind's eye...even the silly ones. That all we need to do is to say, "No", to any we don't want. "Cancel" is another good word, and, my favorite, "Applesauce!"

Enjoy!

f.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)