CureZone   Log On   Join
questions about yoga

bkrisp Views: 2,440
Published: 19 years ago

questions about yoga

Hello all!
I've just recently joined curezone and have become very interested in bringing my body back to a more healthful state. I've never really thought about doing yoga, but I had a few questions.
1) I know yoga is about meditation, but could I do it for the physical benefits? I find it hard to work out on a daily basis and thought that doing the different yoga exercises would be a good physical activity.
2) Does your religious faith matter if you want to practice yoga?
3) Is western yoga more aimed towards reaching a higher consciousness or physical benefits?
If anyone would like to help me out I'd appreciate it. I just wouldn't want to join somewhere and then after the first class realize it's not for me. I'm of R.C. faith and don't know what to expect from the different meditations (they're meant for Hindu spirituality). I am a very open-minded person though, that is why I am thinking about giving it a try.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)