CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Eczema - what's my answer??

aunty Views: 2,923
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 5,642

Re: Eczema - what's my answer??

Hello Katie,

Wisdom is the answer that you're seeking in the haystack of knowledge.

Like you, my family wanted more from the doctors than the knowledge they provided regarding eczema. We conducted our own search for wisdom and found healing. I had witnessed my mother's suffering with eczema and the doctor prescribed steroid medications for 36 years. When my nieces developed eczema in their infancy, we took matters into our own hands and searched for healing that was immediate, effective, and without harmful side effects. In two weeks my 3 month old niece's severe (total body) eczema breakout was completely healed. She is now 2 years old and remains eczema free. We still use the lotion as a daily moisturizer for her skin.

We turned our focus to the need of the skin, as opposed to the symptom (eczema breakout). We came up with our own 3 step check point target of attack to begin the healing process. The 3 factors that we focused our attention on was internal, external, and foreign. In other words, strengthen (balance or build up) your immune system, moisturize the skin, and identify the allergens.

Step 1: In eczema sufferers, an invasion of harmful bacteria have overwhelmed your bodies immune system, causing an eczema breakout. Strengthening your bodies immune system to fight off the harmful toxins or allergens that infect the body is of great importance in the treatment of eczema. Cleansing (ie. through flushes) your body of the harmful toxins or allergens that have invaded it, drinking more water, and eating more fruits and vegetables are key to this process. Steroid medications suppress the symptoms; and in so doing, suppress the bodies immune system. Therefore, it is no wonder that steroid use doesn't bring healing; but rather, temporary relief.

Step 2: The moisture barrier in the skin serves as the skin's protecter against harmful irritants that attack the body. Eczema skin is severely dehydrated skin. Because the moisture barrier is depleted, eczema sufferers are vulnerable to attack from harmful irritants (allergens). Drinking water rehydrates the moisture in the skin and to seal in the moisture externally, a natural (steroid free) lotion is recommended. For our family, Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion (for sensitive skin of all ages) was the moisturizer that worked immediately and successfully for us.

Step 3: Identifying your allergen is important in this 3 step process for obvious reasons. Once you know of the allergen that has infected or affected your body, you need to rid your environment of that particular allergen.

There are several entrance points for harmful irritants or bacteria into the body. They are the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and skin. Understanding how the bacteria enters the body, brings understanding to the connection between allergic asthma and eczema.

I guess the most surprising discovery that my family learned in all of this is that it is okay to trust the doctors, but don't trust them blindly. In other words; respect their knowledge, but don't abandon your wisdom. Now when you read of the different cures that worked, you will have understanding as to why they worked. This wisdom gained should also pinpoint that needle in the haystack that is specific to you.

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike

Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)