CureZone   Log On   Join
Dragonfly Dream Symbolism

Tracey Views: 9,274
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 503,454

Dragonfly Dream Symbolism

Alison!

Dang! I thought I was on to something. Anthony had told me that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were representatives of the 4 fixed signs in astrology - and I was hoping that Mark would be the Taurus one - but it looks like he's the Leo one:

"Their faces of man, lion, ox and eagle represent Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (and incidentally the four fixed Zodiacal signs of Aquarius, Leo, Taurus, and Scorpio). The green leaves indicate Hope. The six wings are the six laws (according to Pietro di Dante) Natural, Mosaic, Prophetic, Evangelical, Apostolic, and Canonical." Taken from Dante's Inferno.

Green leaves too! And Wings too (dragonfly wings) - kinda strange that in that one paragraph so many elements of your dream are included! bizarre.

Anyway....hmmmm...

A 'Mark' is something that distinguishes you from others...?

Maybe the symbolism of Dragonfly will shed some light on this!? Although...you are harvesting right now, Alison - that much is clear! Green growing plants...growth...harvesting work well done...

Hmmm...I like this definition of the symbolism of Dragonfly:

"Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.

They are fantastic flyers, darting like light, twisting, turning, changing direction, even going backwards as the need arises. They are inhabitants of two realms - starting with water, and moving to the air with maturity, but staying close to water (*your Neptunian-ness). Some people who have the dragonfly as their totem have had emotional and passionate early years, but as they get older they achieve balance with mental clarity and control. They gain an expression of the emotional and mental together.

Dragonflies are reminders that we are light and can reflect the light in powerful ways if we choose to do so. "Let there be light" is the divine prompting to use the creative imagination as a force within your life. They help you to see through your illusions and allow your own light to shine in a new vision.

Dragonfly is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment; and the communication from the elemental world. Dragonfly medicine beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which need changing. Call on Dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation." (verrrry Neptunian...is Pluto affecting any of your Pisces/Neptune planets right now?)

I have to think of the rest of it...

love T

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)