CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Sure, but some of yesterday's got wiped off.....

DangerousProduce Views: 2,090
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 412,522

Re: Sure, but some of yesterday's got wiped off.....

Gallbladder flushing is already on a theoretical footing.
How do you add to your argument by putting the word "sound" as an adjective in front of theoretical footing? If it's a mechanism that defines the two, what is it?

I differ with you on the mentality of those in what you call the alternative community. From reading these message boards and talking with those more experienced in this than myself, I don't see how people who use alternative means are any more or less scientifically interested than those who use only drugs for their diseases.

I have talked to lots of people who use pharmaceutical drugs and don't have any interest even in the Science of what they are doing or Science in general. Just because you use Big Pharma doesn't mean by definition that you are interested in science.
You did not say this exactly, but I assumed that's what you would conclude.

There are plenty of people on both sides, alternative and (non-alternative)in conventional medicine who are not interested in science. It depends on where you are in that particular field, researchers would be much more interested (than the general population). If you are a researcher in the alternative field, then you are very interested in the principles of Science in order to found your work on it. If you are one of many followers of a particular alternative treatment, then usually you want to follow the instructions exactly so that you get a particular result. The same goes for people following a pharmaceutical regimen. Neither group is that interested in reading about the scientific prinicples upon which their treatment is based. Why they trust it has a lot do with how famililar they are with that particular method, whatever it is.

It would be interesting to read if any study(s) was done to see
who is more opposed to science/proof, the alternative community or the conventional medicine community. And from what data the conclusion was determined. Outside of that I don't see how you can say those using, or proving, alternative treatments are more opposed to reading about scientific proof than those who don't (use alternative treatments).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)