CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hi Bevpirt

Toonces Views: 6,090
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 397,804

Re: Hi Bevpirt

Hi Bevpirt,

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I appreciate your arguments for vegetarianism, and although I respectfully disagree with them, I do respect your right to be a vegetarian if you so choose to be one.

I am thankful that you agree that God created us as omnivores and that you do not try to teach others that ‘vegan vegetarianism’ is God’s health plan as revealed in the Bible.

Vegetarians often note that the human digestive tract is longer than that of carnivores. That still does not prove that we are supposed to be vegetarians. If anything, it proves that we are not carnivores, like lions and tigers. God did not create man as vegetarians or carnivores, He created us as omnivores. I understand that you agree with that, so I’m not arguing with you. Although we are omnivores, I do believe that the majority of most people's diets should be vegetarian.

I agree with you that the meat supply is contaminated today, and care must be taken to look for organic, grass-fed animal products. I’m sure you would also acknowledge that our fruits, vegetables, grains, etc., are also contaminated and devitalized by pesticides, chemical fertilizers, poor topsoil quality, environmental toxins, genetic engineering, etc. We must look for organic, non-GMO fruits, vegetables, grain, etc., also.

I disagree with you that meat always putrefies in the gut. If this happens, it usually indicates a deficiency of gut HCL/enzymes and probiotics. A urinary indican test will detect bowel toxicity indicating putrefication. I have seen many meat eaters who enjoy good health and have no evidence of putrefication in the gut. The addition of HCL and/or proteolytic enzymes and probiotic bacteria will often normalize digestion again in those who are having problems digesting meats. Sometimes digestion can be normalized with proper food combining alone.

I do not believe that it is a sin for Christians to eat ‘unclean’ meats. The verse from Timothy and other verses in the New Testament verify that. However, having said that, I do believe that the unclean meats are best avoided/limited because they are mostly scavengers and predators. I believe that there are healthier meat options available (i.e. the clean meats). I do believe it is permissible to eat the unclean meats, but eating them certainly may not be beneficial.

"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." 1 Co 10:23-26 NIV

Regarding ‘forbidding to marry’: Clearly, that verse applies to ANYONE who forbids another person from marriage. Everyone has the liberty to choose to marry or not to marry, and no one has authority to forbid another adult person from marriage.

If you are a vegetarian, I truly respect your decision to make those dietary choices. I have seen many people who have thrived on a vegetarian diet and I am thankful that they do well on that program. Likewise, I have seen many people who have thrived on a diet that includes animal products.

My only ‘beef’ is with people who boldly claim that God’s health plan ‘as revealed in the Bible’ is ‘vegan vegetarian’ and if you are not a vegan vegetarian, then you are not following God’s health plan. These people forbid others to eat animal products, instructing them that to do otherwise would be acting against God’s will. Beware of these people.

Thank you again for your thoughtful reply and good questions.

Weston A. Price Foundation

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (2)