CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My tap water - opinions please

happydog Views: 2,042
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 386,071

Re: My tap water - opinions please

We went through these same questions a couple of years ago with our water. First I bought a reverse osmosis system that fits under the kitchen sink and has a little spigot. We used to buy them at Sams Club but the last one we bought at Lowes. I always buy a new one whenever I move because they only cost around $150 and I'd rather buy a new one than fool around with taking it out. I read that they're environmentally bad because they waste water but when you consider I only use probably a gallon of water a day for drinking and cooking, it's not that wasteful.

Then I wanted to fix my shower water so I thought about getting a shower filter. But then I thought well, what about my son's shower; I don't want him soaking in chlorine either. And what about tub baths for the baby? So we ended up getting a charcoal filter on our incoming water line. It was around $75 or so.

I know these aren't as good as moving to Fiji but together they give us safe drinking water and chlorine free bathing.

Staying healthy while living in modern society sure is a lot of work :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.059 sec, (1)