CureZone   Log On   Join
Medicine I never needed for "bipolar" disorder

Views: 4,255
Published: 18 y

Medicine I never needed for "bipolar" disorder

I wanted to share a little story about myself mainly because my life was saved by curezone, and someone else may be going through the same thing with a psychiatric or psychological diagnosis.
It started 10 years ago. I was going through a divorce I was living on Sugar and diet soda, my life was upside down, I was working and going to school full time, I wasn't sleeping. I had my first panic attack. I went to the local urgent care and was put on Prozac for depression. It was a dream come true, or so I thought. I felt so vigorous. There was an answer to my problem! I also lost my appetite for food, but not diet soda, and lived on prozac and about 12 sodas a day. Hence my next three diagnoses (or medication side effects) gastritis, sent me to the hospital twice, irritable bowel syndrome and peptic ulcer. So I was loaded down with two more medications for the abdominal problems.
Then years later the prozac no longer worked, so my dose was tripled and divided into three times a day. Then my doctor thought I would benefit from xanax for the anxiety. I soon became addicted and couldn't wait to take my xanax. I was now taking a total of about 8-10 pills a day and was 24 years old. I had about five "psychiatric diagnoses" from depression, Generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, dysthymia, mood disorder. I went to many doctors and had many diagnoses. During the next 10 years I was on many different antidepressants. I also was on Xanax. I kept getting my dose increased, and one day I said enough! I flushed that xanax down the toilet. I then had what I now believe to be horrible withdrawal, I was terrified, shaking, hallucinating, my thoughts were racing, I talked incessantly. I returned to the doctor a mess. Aha, a new diagnosis was instore for me, it was bipolar disorder! Yes this was my trouble. I was sent home, with a new handful of medications. The amount of medications I was on for "bipolar disorder" is too numerous to mention, the side effects, so disabling that I literally thought I was going to die. Lithium being the worst. I was literally medicated into imobilization. I was almost ready for disability.
Then I found this site. Several brave people made some suggestions, and had me see, maybe, just maybe I could live a life without the medications. I changed my diet, I did use some supplements, I began exercising. I got myself off of the pills. It is now about six months later. There are no symptoms of any disorder. Without the medication I am free of any feeling of anxiety, depression, etc.etc. Looking back at myself ten years ago, I was young and having a hard time. I was stressed and depressed, but did not have a disease. I unfortunately lost a lot of my young years being over medicated. I understand bipolar disorder is serious, and in some cases requires medication, but just realize there are other alternatives, and medication is not the road for everyone. I thank you curezone for leading me to the freedom of having my mind back.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)