CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fluoride is a MAJOR cause of Hypothyroidism.

Views: 3,143
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 358,848

Re: Fluoride is a MAJOR cause of Hypothyroidism.

Excellent excellent post.

I believe I need to purchase a water distiller.
I am not aware of any filter that completely takes out the fluoride of the water.
We have fluoridated water and I have been putting this off for too long.

Interesting webpage snippet:

Another concern is that fluoride is not found only in drinking water; it is everywhere. Fluoride is found in foods that are processed with it, which, in the United States, include nearly all bottled drinks and canned foods.(68)68 Researchers writing in The Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry have found that fruit juices, in particular, contain significant amounts of fluoride. In a recent study, a variety of popular juices and juice blends were analyzed and it was discovered that 42% of the samples examined had more than l ppm of fluoride, with some brands of grape juice containing much higher levels - up to 6.8 ppm! The authors cite the common practice of using fluoride-containing insecticide in growing grapes as a factor in these high levels, and they suggest that the fluoride content of beverages be printed on their labels, as is other nutritional information.(69) Considering how much juice some children ingest, and the fact that youngsters often insist on particular brands that they consume day after day, labeling seems like a prudent idea.

Clean water activist Jeff Green points out that fluoride is "in Wheaties at 10 ppm, 10 times the amount that you find in water. It's in Post Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat and Fruit Loops. These are items that people are eating all the time without realizing that it has fluoride in it. Because it's a pesticide residue that's allowed to be on produce now it's taken a big jump and the EPA has allowed it to be at really high levels, 180 ppm on a head of lettuce, 55 ppm on raisins. I mean no child is going to wash all that off."(70)

Prepared baby foods are a problem, too. A 1997 article in the Journal of the American Dental Association(71) warns that some baby foods contain such high levels of fluoride that babies who eat the food risk dental fluorosis. "Any infants who regularly eat more than a couple of ounces of infant foods containing high-fluoride-content chicken would be at elevated fluorosis risk," the authors conclude.(72) Infants who eat large quantities of dry infant cereals reconstituted with fluoridated water could ingest substantial quantities of fluoride from this source, this study shows. "Children should also be monitored to make sure that they do not ingest too much fluoride from other sources such as fluoride dentifrice, dietary fluoride supplements or fluoridated water...."(73)

http://www.garynull.com/cms/index.php/plain/documents/fluoride_the_deadly_leg...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.145 sec, (2)