CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Life experiences with a JPouch of 6-years

j9 Views: 9,422
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 31,140

Re: Life experiences with a JPouch of 6-years

I have had 8- surgeries and would like to offer you this word of advice. Adheasions can cause the small intestine to flip which shuts the whole system down...like a kink in a water hose. My last surgery a "teflon shield" was added to prevent the scar tissue from adhearing to the stomach wall. You might ask your doctor about such a shield. I am not 100% sure of what it is called but he will know of which you speak. The other big piece of advice I have for you is to not do heavy lifting. Heavy lifting is the cause of my adheasion flipping which called for my last emergency surgery.
Elimination frequency and consistancy should not change. I am worry free when everything is eliminating smoothly and frequently. When I don't empty my J pouch 95% of the time I go to the bathroom I know I have eaten something wrong which caused the system to back-up. It is my constant quest to keep things moving at a constant pace which caused me to change my diet and eliminate meat. I also eat very little bread or alcohol. I am virtually problem free.
I wish you all the luck in the world and know that you will be so delighted to have your plumbing underground. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Good Luck and God Bless! J9

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)