CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Using the SCD when having a JPouch ?

LOU2 Views: 9,586
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 31,094

Re: Using the SCD when having a JPouch ?

Lisa

I know your body is probably diffirent than mine, but I had UC for five years and then decided to have a baby. Seven weeks into my pregnancy, I landed in the hospital for 2 months on TPN. After several attempts and full court presses, I still had to have the dredded surgery. It's been two years ago June 10th and on May 2, 2003 I finally had the reversal. Anyway back to your concern.

I had heard about that diet or change of life eating habbits. I did not know about this before surgery, but have tried it since and have found that what works best for me is no veggies, no red meat, just bread, fish, chicken, turkey, cheese, popsickles for dessert. I have to say the Sugar is my friend though, I do like my chocolate chip cookies. My downfall is lactose (no milk, ice cream, yogurt). When I choose to eat whole grains I get belly aches and gas. I also do not drink any liqour, pop, or juices. I stick to water and gatorade. I also take one fibercon pill a day which is supposed to help bind the food together to cut down on the runs. Hope this helps.

Leslie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)