CureZone   Log On   Join
Question for Raw Foodists. I could use the help! Thanks!!

ILoveElton Views: 1,822
Published: 18 y

Question for Raw Foodists. I could use the help! Thanks!!

I'm currently on a juice fast of both veggie juice and fruit juice. I also drink lots of water with fresh lemon and lime. This is day 11 for me and so far I'm down about 15-16 pounds. I started at 300 pounds and am now at aprox 284is.

I am SUPER DUPER NEW to this whole raw food thing. My normal diet, as you can imagine is terrible. I would eat things like mexican foods, chinese, burgers, hotdogs, fries, fried chicken, pizza ........ you name it.. PLUS to make matters worse, I would consume an average of 1-2 2lts of Pepsi per day (yes,, up to 2 myself).. and have done this for years. There have been countless times I would actually have a glass of pop in place of my meals becasue that is how much I loved it! And as far as the foods, it's not that I would overeat and go crazy, I actually don't feel I ever did that very often.. I just ate things that weren't good for me. This is just the way we have always done things in my family, and it isn't until about the last however many years that I realize that not everyone eats this way! I went on diets, low carb, low fat.. you name it but always failed after I would lose about 20 pounds, I would get stuck, discouraged, and give up.

Anyhow.. My question is.. After I am done with my fast (I plan to go another 2 weeks for the detox thing and a jump start on my weight loss).. I plan to go on mostly raw foods for awhile to keep things going. Because I know that I LOVE oranges, I was wondering if this is ok to eat .. like how many per day is to many? Could I eat like 2 or 3 throughout 1 days time? Any information or comments you might have for me getting started on raw food eating, please feel free to let me know. I'm just starting to learn more about this. It is 100% foreign to me. To tell you the truth, all this time when someone said "raw" food.. I thought that meant that you were eating "raw meat".. Sorry, but that's what I assumed. That goes to show how ignorant I was about the whole thing. LOL (I can just see all the regular raw foodists cringing at my whole entire post.. Yes, I'm learning guys. just give me a little while to get things figured out. LOL)

I'm looking forward to making some major changes in my life.. and think I'm finally on the right path. My biggest desire is to be FEELING better and able to keep up with my kids, especially my 5 year old that has Cerbral Palsy and needs me to be able to pick her up and carry her at times.. Right now, I'm nervous because of my weight I'm finding it getting more difficult as each day goes by. I need to lose this belly of mine!! Is there hope for me in eating raw foods? Could I lose a lot of weight?

Thanks everyone!
April

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.095 sec, (2)