CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Vinegar Enema alternative

Views: 894
Published: 18 m

This is a reply to # 143,218

Re: Vinegar Enema alternative

Valerie, good suggestion to her.

The bar of ivory was always used for our enemas!

Growing up the mild warm water soapy enema was given. When the child was constipated he was given a soapy enema.

The solution was made with a bar of ivory soap as you told.

She made it by swishing a bar of ivory soap in a pan or bowl of warm water. Sometimes rubbed the bar between her hands under the running water into the pan. Always made in the kitchen sink.

My aunt was a nurse, this was back in the late 50s, she always gave a soap suds enema made with the bar of ivory.

I remember being taken to the table by her.
Most of the time was to the kitchen table. Placed on back on a towel on the table. Laying there as she prepared the soapy water in the sink with the bar of ivory soap.

Nice was prepared….Then being given a bulb syringe enema on the table. She would refill the syringe once or twice. Once she felt enough was taken away hen taken to expel. Sometimes it was repeated.

While I wasn’t overly happy about getting an enema, sometimes I resisted, I know now it was good for me to be given an enema then. I am glad my mom, and mostly my aunt, did not give into my fussing and resisting.

In my early 70s now. Never heard of cancer from the soapy water enemas.

My aunt and my cousin lived with us.

Sometimes when I would come home from school I would see, and even smell, the ivory soap bar airing out. She only used it for enemas. The red rubber enema bulb would be airing out too.

I knew my cousin got an enema. I was 7 years older than him.

Best to consult with your doctor before giving or getting an enema.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)