CureZone   Log On   Join
Here is how I fixed my brain fog

fixyourself Views: 11,493
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,032,754

Here is how I fixed my brain fog

Here is how I fixed my brainfog.

I've had brain fog on and off for a few years. It got to a point where it was present daily, no matter how much I slept.

Since I'm doing a lot of studying/reading, I needed a clear head; it's frustrating to constantly be absent minded, fuzzy, and feel "dumb" when you're learning. The best resource I found was Dr. Myhill's wiki on the subject, you can Google that. I would suggest reading up on everything you can and making some detailed, easy-to-read notes for yourself.

It took a few days to process all the information and take some brief but detailed notes.

From the info I read I deduced that my problem was a fermenting gut, along with a lack of exercise. If you want to improve your memory, start reading Moonwalking With Einstein to get a better grasp of how average people can have great memories.

Here is what I did to my diet:

- I cut all carbs. No Sugar (that means no Sugar in your drinks or food, no fruits). No bread/pastries/grains of any sort.
- No starchy vegetables (potatoes... but I'm still eating pulses because of their benefits to my gut).
- No dairy (I don't even drink soy).
- No pasta, spaghetti, etc.
- Almost cut coffee 100%. Only chamomile tea, but rarely.
- Cut all salty items and only use pepper/lime/olive oil for seasoning
- No alcohol whatsoever

Here is what I eat:

- Any fish (no salty/smoked fish), any meat. I devour fatty meats. Even fatty pork.
- Any vegetable/meat/fish soup, following all the above requirements.
- Eggs, but not every day.
- Broccoli, tomatoes, etc. any vegetables besides potatoes.
- Beans! As long as they didn't come with any sauce.
- If I have that rare cookie/piece of cake (1-2 times a week), afterwards I'm going to the gym.
- I try not to eat right before I go to the bed, and vary the foods that I eat.
- I cook with only virgin olive oil

Here is what I drink:

- Water (no gulping it down, just occasional sips)
- After working out, an ion supplement drink with very little sugar.
- Lime juice with no sugar.
- Kombucha/kefir Water/homemade soy kefir for probiotics.

Additional things I take:

- 1 zinc supplement (with breakfast)
- 1 magnesium supplement (with breakfast)
- 1 iron supplement (with breakfast)
- 2 dessert spoons of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil a day
- 2-6g of Vitamin C every day, mixed with water that I drink with the meals

Besides all that, I work out for less than an hour 2-3 times a week, sometimes 1 time a week. I just do squats, barbell shoulder presses, leg presses, chest presses and a lot of stretching beforehand, with no cardio (except when I stand up every 20-30 minutes during work/study).

Sleep should be 6-8 hours a day, and preferably before midnight/1am. Doing puzzles or learning math should exercise the brain well :)

Best,
fixyourself

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (2)