CureZone   Log On   Join
Day 25 of my first ever water fast

Adalam Views: 4,553
Published: 7 y

Day 25 of my first ever water fast

So, where do I begin?

I started this fast without any preperation. I know, I know, but I know what I'm like and I tend to put things off so just decided to bite the bullet and do it.
I was overweight, had pretty bad eczema on my right hand in between my knuckles which would crack and bleed no matter how much water I drank or moisturiser I used. I had some kind of disgusting fungus on my big right toe with pus, spider veins in my ankles. Pretty safe to say my health was horrible. I've had quite crippling anxiety and agoraphobia for over ten years and the diet didn't exactly help my situation. That coupled with a pretty severe case of sciatica in my lower back left me virtually immobile.

So with that said let me talk you through the highs and lows of this insane journey. For the first few days I had severe cravings and diarrhea, it lasted for a good week. Everytime I thought my bowels had emptied more burning sludge came (sorry for the graphic description), eventually it seized and the cravings disappeared but this was short lived. As the cravings came back I developed extreme pain in my upper right thigh, the pain was unbearable but because it was only in my right thigh I knew it wasn't an electrolyte imbalance so stuck with it. A couple days went by and as if by magic the right thigh no longer hurt, in fact it was as if nothing happened. I was amazed. Soon after this, things took a turn for the worst. Every time I tried to drink water it would just come straight back up with the most foul smelling clear mucous-y liquid. My entire throat and chest felt like it was on fire and for a good five days puked this liquid every night. By the fifth night my stomach was aching from the wretching and I tried to focus on drinking water without throwing up. I propped myself up on my bed with pillows and noticed that when the acid didn't hit my esophagus I was able to keep the water down.
So that's what I did, that first night I took sips, every time I sipped I broke out into hot and cold sweats, I even hallucinated, I was up all night but managed to keep the water down. I kept doing this until this morning and it seems to have passed. I'm drinking to thirst without any issues or cold sweats.

The smells, my god the smells. I don't even know how to describe it but my breath, body odour and urine all had this distinct smell that I can't put my finger on but it was horrid.
So this morning (after feeling like I've been on deaths door all week) was an amazing, almost spiritual experience. I actually felt good, and most incredible of all my eczema, toe fungus and spider veins have all gone. I've also lost about 4.5stone but weight loss isn't my primary objective, restoring my health is. I was going to quit today but after seeing how much my symptoms have healed I am in good spirits to continue this fast to completion.

I guess I'm writing this to say thank you, especially to chrisb1. Although we've never spoke your posts and information have been invaluable. This site has been a God send, you've probably saved my life.

I hope all of you see success on your journeys, I feel like my journey has only just begun. Hang in there and stay strong.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)