CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Food allergy/ intolerance and Mirena

rharwynsmom Views: 6,080
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,002,008

Re: Food allergy/ intolerance and Mirena

I have been having hives since July 8th which was the day after I had Morena inserted (2016). I tested positive for allergies before Mirena, dust mites, mold and rag weed were off the chart for a reaction.. all environmentals were positive as well as animals except for rabbit. This included blood and skin testing.

Recently due to the hives, I've had all new labs. The only thing that came back positive is cow's milk. I am no longer allergic to everything else, lol. I actually stopped drinking milk for two years now, but I have still been eating cheese, yogurt, and a lot of foods still have casein in them.

Mirena was expelled the first time I had it in 2013 after having my daughter. I have PCOS. There is new information about not using Mirena for 4-6 months after childbirth to reduce the risk of expulsion. The OB wanted me to try again to help with the cysts. This time it has stayed in place, but I have hives just about every day. They are refusing to remove it because the hives could be a rare autoimmune that happens during menstruation. Where I was spotting so much initially, they hope that if my period stops, so will the hives. The past two weeks I haven't spotted at all and I'm still getting hives. I haven't changed anything I use and I've always used hypoallergenic items because of having severe seasonal allergies. I haven't changed shampoos, soaps, lotions for a few years now.

I need to go back for more testing, but my allergist I've seen since I was a kid, no longer takes my insurance. I have an appointment with a new allergist this coming Monday, but both doctors have suggested having the IUD removed because there has been an increase in women with hives and itching in conjunction with IUDs. Yes both hormonal and non hormonal, but the other has been due to undisguised copper allergy. I may try the copper if I'm cleared for not having an allergy.

Has anyone else gone back to normal after removal? How long did it take? Has anyone switched to the copper IUD and had better luck?

Also, my first go with Mirena, I had a severe infection I couldn't get rid of until it was removed. I also had ear pressure, sudden bilateral deafness, and a feeling of being unable to hold up my body... I was told it was menieres, but all of that stopped when Mirena was removed. I don't have that, but my lymphocytes and monocytes have been elevated since insertion suggesting a chronic infection. Because of the hives, the doctors think I'm allergic to all Antibiotics . So I can't have anything until I have testing to prove otherwise.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)