CureZone   Log On   Join
Food allergy/ intolerance and Mirena

Warrebe Views: 12,099
Published: 12 y

Food allergy/ intolerance and Mirena

When I had Mirena in, I noticed that I would get extreme stomach pain and diarrhea when I ate shrimp. This had never happened until Mirena, I'm a seafood lover. So being the hard headed woman I am, I would refrain from it but every couple months I'd give in and eat it thinking maybe I wouldn't get the symptoms again. One time my mouth got all tingly and I started having shallow breathing. I recognized the signs as my daughter is food allergic, so I took a Benadryl but had an epi-pen ready. The next day I made an appointment for an allergy test, and a few weeks later tested negative for shrimp allergy.

Fast forward to earlier this year, I had increasing stomach pain and my gyno told me it was IBS, and gave me medicine. It didn't really help. I was researching some health issues for my daughter and realized maybe I was suddenly gluten intolerant. Cut out gluten. I felt much better. I've been gluten free for about 5 months now.

I had my Mirena removed 3 weeks ago. Things have been crazy around here and I've been eating worse. Funny thing is, my body isn't reacting crazy like before when I would eat gluten. Has anyone else experienced any food related issues with Mirena? Does anyone believe all of this is somehow linked together?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)